Friday, August 16, 2013

Welcome

          Welcome to my blog!  My name is Moira, and I have been “home-making” since 1976.  Of course I have been doing other things also, but working on my home skills has been a constant in my life.  My three children, a son and two daughters, are grown up and have left the nest.  The daughters are both recently married; needless to say I have tons of advice to pass along to them as they set up housekeeping.  And last fall my son called me for my quiche recipe.  Apparently he had a new girlfriend whom he wanted to impress.  They are still together so the quiche must have been a success.
          I recently started to explain to one of my daughters how to make a delicious, Irish style fish chowder, and she said, “Mom, you should start a blog!”  Perhaps she wasn’t in the mood to hear about fish chowder right at that moment, or maybe she thought that all my words of wisdom should be preserved for posterity.  Either way, the idea of a blog appealed to me.  Now my kids, and anyone who wants to, can read my recipes, ideas, tips and advice any time they want to.    

          

No comments:

Post a Comment